How would it feel if you could organize your emails in such a way that it is not going to be a distraction for you?
You’ll feel great, right?
The challenge is to start a system that is going to work for you.
You can spend hours thinking about this.
In this post right here I am going to give you email labels that will help you stay on track with your business and most importantly not getting distracted.
Use a perfect labeling system to eliminate email distraction Click Here To Tweet
What are The Perfect Email Labels for Online Marketers?
Before I explain here is my Infographic…
Hope you get the picture 😉
Let me explain further
1. Money Received: Include all emails advising payments made to you ex: PayPal , affiliate commissions
Tip: Set the messages to skip the inbox if they are too many to handle
2. Marketing: Folder for your marketing communication. This includes your communication with your marketing contacts. For example : Facebook ads, team emails, messages from your solo / banner ad contacts etc.
Tip: Do not skip inbox
3. Affiliate info: Information from the affiliate programs you are part of –
Tips: * Can have labels for each affiliate program nestled under this main heading
**Do not skip the inbox because you want to know the latest information about the products you are going to promote.
4. Payments: Place for your receipts for online payments ex; tools, advertising etc
Tips: * Do not skip the inbox because you must check them to keep a track of your outgoings and any problems like Credit Card validity
** Have a system to file these away in digital format or hard copies to use for your accounts and tax returns
5. Webinars: For webinar access information. Use this folder to file your webinar access information after registering for the webinar.
Tip: Always use your calendar to schedule webinars
6. Clients: For important communications with your clients.
Tip : Do not skip the inbox.
7. Team: Place for your communications with your team ex: outsourcing contractors, virtual assistant, your network marketing team members
Tip: Do not skip the inbox, you want to be on top of what’s your team is doing
8. Mentors: Emails from your mentors and coaches.
Tip: Skip the inbox unless you are currently receiving their services
9. Competitors/Marketers: These are emails you receive from other marketers and competitors you have subscribed.
Tips: * Always Skip the Inbox
**You can have label for each subscription nestled under a main heading. eg: Subscriptions/Ms A , Subscriptions/ Mr X… etc
What happens with the emails that SKIPPED the inbox?
The reason I suggest that you skip all of your subscription emails is because that is your main online distraction.
You subscribed to these lists for a reason.
Obviously you want to know what they are talking about.
You want to learn from them, or they may be your target prospects…
But the thing is,
Most of these emails will make you take some form of action like reading a blog post, watching a video or buying a product.
I agree that it is important that you go through these messages to keep track of what’s happening in the world of online marketing.
The smart way of doing this is to allocate a time that is suitable for you to do just go through your subscription emails.
So, you are reading them when you want and not when they want.
You have to stick to the time you have allocated. This is important because otherwise you will go in the rabbit hole and few hours gone by all you have done was doing what someone else wanted you to do.
Now it is your turn…
Do you have a system like thi to tackle your ever growing email inbox?
What are the labels do you use?
If you don’t have a system yet, what is the number one email labels tip you got from this post?
If you found some value here please give a G+ , share on Facebook and Twitter.