Online Videos are a powerful way to connect and communicate with other people on the internet.
Videos are essential for your personal branding. When people see your face, listen to you they will get an idea about who you are. When people see something it registers with the brain better than they hear it. This is a great way to build a loyal following.
Apart from branding You online there are many other benefits of doing video marketing:
- Most video sharing sites are FREE and this is a great free online lead generation method.
- Videos are easy way to build your online real estate.
- They are like an army of marketing robots, working for you 24/7
- Instant traffic to your web site, leads and sales
- Steady increase of leads over time.
Ok Damayanthi, this all sound great… but what do I say, tell, do in my videos? I hear you say.
Good question and believe me we all had that in our mind when we started.
Lets look at the types of videos you can produce
- Lifestyle – this way people can connect to you easily. Now, you don’t have to live in a mansion and drive a flash car to do this. You don’t have to be a top income earner or a top producer. You may share how you have time to spend with your family, do your garden, or anything you love doing because of your choice to work from home.
- Tutorials – you can do screen capture videos. You can show people how to do something.
- Self mastery / personal growth – share what you learned from the books you read, coaching you have received
- Marketing Lessons – Share with others what you learn. Do not think that what you are going to share is not valuable. Believe me there are many people who do not know what you know. If you are reading this right now you are well ahead of the others.
- News – News relating to your niche.
- Information – information relating to your products, e.g. – Health and Nutrition, Yoga, Exercise, Wild Life, Green Living … etc
- Challenges – for e.g. 90 day challenges for Weight Loss, Marketing,
- Demonstrations – e.g. Cooking
- Use your imagination…
There are many video sharing sites, like Youtube, Viddler, Live video, etc. These are social media sites, remember social media etiquette. Be social, share valuable content, DO NOT pitch people on your opportunities.
Make sure you check the terms of service of these sites and adhere to their rules. Many marketers had their accounts shut down by Google recently, so make sure to play by their rules. Also save your videos in your computer as well, if in case something happens you have a back up.
If you haven’t started online video marketing as the first step open a free account with Youtube. Then start doing videos and do not expect miracles with your first videos. Consistency is the key and you need to do more to improve your video marketing skills.
What do you think? I’d love to hear any comments, questions, or feedback so please share with the community down below. And also please make sure you ‘re-tweet’ this post using the green “retweet” button above and send this out to your Twitter friends and followers (as well as Facebook, Digg, or any other social site you visit often!). Much appreciated!
Yours in Mastering Online Video Marketing,