Hope you are doing great. Last night I attended a networking meeting & I have to share what learned from the guest speaker Keith Mason.
Keith shared with us the beliefs we have around money & this wasn’t new to me.
I am sure you have heard this before as well, but he shared 96 Negative Money Beliefs …
Yes 96 !
I honestly thought I had a couple of them but when I was reading the list I was thinking
I do have more than a couple.
Anyway, without further ado I am going to reveal the 96 Negative Money Beliefs…
1. Money doesn’t grow on trees.
– Sound familiar? I used to tell this to my children
2. Money is filthy and dirty
3. Money is evil
4. I am poor but clean (or good)
5. Money is in short supply
6. Money goes out faster than it comes in.
Yes, I used to believe this until recently, it changed when I started “paying myself first”
7. The cost of living is so high that it is impossible to keep up.
This is something we discuss when I am talking to my friends about grocery cost and shopping, but never thought it was a negative belief. I thought I was merely stating a fact, but now I can see how it can affect my thinking, because I am focusing on COST instead of generating INCOME
8. It’s hard to hold on to money.
Well this one was a MAJOR for me, but when I started putting away a percentage & watch it grow I know and believe I can hold on to money.
9. A penny saved is a penny earned.
I am still unclear as to how this could be a negative belief, let me know if you can explain.
10. It’s better to hoard money. You never know when the rainy day will come.
11. A depression can come in any moment
12. Money only comes from hard work
I used to think like this, but it changed when I started my business, because I realized that you could work SMART and have multiple streams of income. Please don’t get me wrong, you still have to WORK and have a strategy to work your business.
13. I can only earn more when I put in more hours at work.
This is employee mindset.
14. Rich people are greedy and dishonest
15. Money is not spiritual
16. It is a sin to have a lot of money
17. Spiritual people are not supposed to be rich
18. It’s easier to spend money than save money
Oh yea… I was there, but if you can plan and disciplined it is easy to save money.
19. Poor people can never get out from under
20. Rich people are seldom happy.
Isn’t this what we see in the movies, gossip magazines, media? Most of them try to show how rich people live a miserable life & people get conditioned.
21. Credit card companies are loan sharks
22. I need lots of money first to make more money.
This was a biggie for me, but there are so many resources available to us for free, if we take time to learn and put them to use. For example, you don’t even need a product of your own, you can make money with other people’s products.
23. It’s hard to have multiple sources of income coming in other than from your job.
24. It is difficult to make money from my investments.
25. There is a limit to how much I can earn.
26. Good opportunities hardly come by
27. I do not deserve success
28. I do not have unique talents and abilities.
29. Others just do not like me
30. Everyone else coms first.
Another big one for me, and for most of the mother’s out there. We always put everyone else first. I still do this, but I am getting better at doing things for myself more than I used to. You know what, when I treat myself for something special, I feel so good and it help everyone in the family.
31. I am not worthy as a person
32. I’ll probably just fail anyway
33. I don’t deserve money
34. I’m not good enough to make money.
35. I’m not better than my parents, so I shouldn’t make more than they did.
36. But we can’t afford that.
Oops… I still say this to my kids sometimes, but I am changing it to “How can we afford ?”
37. I cannot handle or manage money well.
38. I am such a loser.
39. If I’m successful, my friends will be jealous and stop liking me.
40. I will never get a good job.
41. I am always in debt
42. My bank account will always be low.
I can relate to this thinking, but it is changing surely when I check my savings every week ☺
43. I don’t want to have money and be stuck up.
44. I may just forget what’s truly important and not like the person I’ve become.
45. I resents others having money.
46. I will never be able to make much money.
47. I am just stupid to make money.
48. I am just too slow to make money.
49. I am just too difficult to get ahead based on my lack of academic qualifications.
50. My parents were poor and I will be poor.
51. It is best to remain poor so that my relatives will not borrow money from me.
52. Artists (or whatever your profession is) have to struggle hard to earn a living.
53. Oh, I can’t charge that much
Recently I created my own information product & in spite of Mark Hoverson teaching us how we could charge, I keep on lowering my price.
What does that mean, I don’t value my own ability. I have to work hard on this.
54. Oh, I can’t charge more than my competitor.
55. Making money is just too difficult.
56. No one has ever said that making money is easy.
57. I am just not good with money.
58. Never tell anyone what I have in the bank.
59. I can never pay off my credit card bill.
60. I don’t like receiving bills.
Oh sure… I don’t , but thinking about it actually it is poverty mindset, because in other words I am scared that I won’t have enough. Another one for me to change.
61. I don’t like writing checks to pay others, even it is for a payment for their services.
62. I don’t like being in the limelight
63. I like to buy gifts for others but I find it hard to spend money on myself.
Yes, true for me. I can buy expensive gifts for others, but when I buy I look for something cheap. Not good ☹ Time to change
64. The higher I go, the harder I fail.
65. I will never be a millionaire.
66. I will never gain financial freedom.
67. I find it hard to value my own potential.
68. It is best not to earn too much because I don’t want to pay more in alimony.
69. I cannot change my predetermined fate.
70. I just don’t like to think about money.
71. I don’t want to attract friends for the wrong reasons.
72. Without money, I am worth nothing.
73. I prefer to dream small so that I am not too pressurized.
74. I do not love myself for who I am.
75. I cannot be happy if I am rich.
76. I am unable to manifest abundance
77. My life is one of suffering.
78. Only with money, can I live fully.
79. I cannot do what I love because it does not pay well.
80. I do not like to take responsibility.
81. Life is meant to be a struggle not a breeze.
82. Why should the Universe/God support me?
83. Everything I touch is a disaster.
84. I am never lucky
85. Only dreamers think that they can get rich, but I am a realist.
86. Dreams rarely come true.
87. Miracles rarely or never happen to me.
88. I will never have enough.
89. I feel safe being poor.
90. It is dangerous to be rich.
91. I will always be poor.
92. It’s okay to be able to survive each day.
93. Abundance is not my birthright.
94. The more money I have, the more problems I will have.
95. It is impossible to have it all: a loving family, a job I love, great friends, good health and lots of money.
96. There us no need for more since I can’t take it with me anyway.
So guys, what do you think? You need to watch what you say and when you catch them, think about it. What kind of thoughts are you putting out to the universe?
Well I need to work on few things!
I want to thank Keith Mason for sharing this golden information with us.
Here is Keith’s Website http://keithjmason.com
Finally, if you found any value in this post please share with your friends and followers on Twitter and Facebook.
Yours In Abundance