When you are doing an online business you will need domain names for various reasons. This could be for your own website, blog, affiliate sites, etc. Looking for a domain name can be a very time consuming task and sometimes you may end up with a name that you wish you never purchased. It is also important that you put some thought into selectinh a domain name that will help you in the long run.
If you are struggling to come up with names for your domains, the following 10 tips may help.
1. Readable and Pronounceable – People should be able to read it easily and if it is not a common English word they should be able to spell it from hearing.
2. Memorizable – Important because this will help with going your site viral.
3. Keep it short – this will help with memorizing and less misspellings. Also will be easy when you use it off line for various reasons.
4. Letters only – if you have numbers it will get confusing. Especially if you have to tell the domain name to someone over the phone.
5. .com domains only – people are so used to .com and they will type .com by habit
6. Relevant to your niche – You want to attract a target audience.
7. Describe your site – For example, if you are doing blog about you, your name would be more appropriate, or a variation of it.
8. Keyword rich – this may help with your search engine ranking. Create a list of keywords that relates to your site and check them on Google Trends, so that you can get an idea about the search traffic for the chosen keywords. Then you can use the bulk upload feature on Godaddy to find a domain name.
9. Brainstorm – Just write everything that comes to your mind and get help from your family and friends. 10. Use tools – like Reference.com to find relevant and similar words. Ok, now that you found a domain name, find out how you can forward it to a site of your choice. Watch this short tutorial.
I look forward to connecting with on my Facebook page as well: http://www.facebook.com/damayanthij
Please share any other tips that I may have missed on the comments section below. If you got some value from this article then feel free to share it with your friends on Twitter right now. It’s easy to do, just click that little green “retweet” button above this post today.